Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
Job Title: Security and Defence Officer
Would you like to organize events with high-level speakers and experts from NATO, the EU institutions, defence industry, various think tanks and NGOs? Are you interested in security policy and topics related to the defence industry, transatlantic security, and European security? Do you live in Brussels? If so, don’t miss the opportunity to join our team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Bring your knowledge and professional experience to contribute to new events and initiatives within the area of security and defence.
- Plan, organize and moderate events (both virtual and physical) with high-level speakers and experts.
- Engage in partnerships and outreach which contribute to the goals and projects of the Security and Defence team, and the YPFP Brussels branch as a whole.
Eligibility and Selection
- Ability to respond to emails and messages in a timely manner;
- Required to commit to six months or more as a staff volunteer;
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per week;
- Acknowledgment that this position is unpaid and part-time;
- Ability to organise and prioritise;
- Willingness to take initiative and lead;
- Based in Brussels, Belgium.
Please note that the YPFP members must be dues-paying members. You are not required to be a member to apply, but you must confirm your membership to be accepted for the position. To apply, please send a cover letter and a CV to Elisa Cherry (email@example.com) and Marija Sulce (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates who can start in the very near future will be given priority.