DAI was founded in 1970 by three graduates of Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government intent on providing a more dynamic and effective brand of development assistance. This entrepreneurial approach would look beyond traditional philanthropy to embrace the virtues of the private sector, and build a company that delivers social and economic development on a competitive, cost-effective, best-value basis—a social enterprise that is self-sustaining because it is profitable.
Employee-owned DAI is now a global development company with a record of delivering results in 160 countries. But it remains today what it was as a start-up: innovative, alert, self-critical, and forward-looking—and driven by a powerful sense of corporate purpose. Our mission remains essentially unchanged from the days of the founders.
Location - Bethesda, Maryland
This position supports the Asia Delivery sector to coordinate financial, logistical and operational functions for the Asia Sector. The incumbent provides administrative supports one or more projects.
Under the guidance of Regional Sector Managing Director (RMD) and Regional Finance and Operational Manager (RFOM) provides general operational and logistical support to the Asia Sector on sector and project related logistical and administrative tasks, including new business opportunities. Provides short-term coverage for traveling Associates. Any other tasks as requested by management.
Submits requisitions for requesting purchases for goods and services and drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates. Assists project with project recruitment and mobilization for Long Term (LTTA) and Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) positions and coordinates the processing of payments. Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates.
- Responsible for processing sector and project financial transactions, including:
- Auditing sector and project iExpense reports.
- Processing Independent Consultant invoices and supplier/vendor invoices for review or approval per the Schedule of Authorities.
- Assisting with outstanding invoices and closed project finances.
Provides backstopping support to projects in an Assistant capacity and helps with day to day project operations. Under the guidance of the RFOM, assist with ad hoc tasks as requested by from Project Delivery Teams for projects on a surge capacity.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 4: Minimum one year relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a BS/BA degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of/interest in the international development field
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience in international development
- Experience with project management
- Business development experience
- Proficiency in a second language
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply.
Deadline - Open until filled.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans