Want to attend? Special discount available for YPFP members.
Over the decades, arms control agreements have limited and reduced arsenals, curbed the spread of nuclear weapons, and halted testing by all but one state. But today, that disarmament process has stalled.
The Arms Control Association is excited to partner this year with YPFP as a co-host of their post-event reception, which aims to connect the next generation of global nonproliferation leaders. Through this partnership, we are also able to offer a discounted rate ($50 instead of $65!) for YPFP members who wish to attend the June 2 annual meeting policy conference in addition to or instead of the evening reception.
Topics to be discussed at the meeting include:
- President Donald Trump wants to “expand” the U.S. nuclear capacity and has denounced the New START agreement;
- Russia has deployed ground-based cruise missiles in violation of the INF Treaty;
- Hard-liners in Washington and Tehran are working to undermine the 2015 Iran nuclear deal; and
- North Korea continues to flaunt international law while improving its nuclear and missile capabilities.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Keynote speaker and "2016 Arms Control Person of the Year"; Ambassador Tony de Brum, former Foreign Minister of the Marshall Islands. Ambassador de Brum led his government's case at the International Court of Justice against those nuclear weapons states which have failed to meet their disarmament commitments.
- Thomas M. Countryman, former Acting Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security and former Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation;
- Ulrich Kuehn, Fellow, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and Fellow, Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg (IFSH); and,
- Anya Loukianova, Stanton Nuclear Security Fellow, RAND Corporation
For a more updated list of the full agenda or new speakers, check back at: ArmsControl.org/ArmsControl17
Dress Code: Business to Business Casual
What to Bring: Business Cards
Registration for the Annual Meeting also includes a complimentary drink ticket for a special reception following the day!
Not a YPFP member? You can still attend! Learn more about attending the ACA's Annual meeting.
YPFP and friends are also invited to a special reception following the Annual Meeting to meet and mingle with the leading voices in the arms control community!
1779 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20036
Google map and directions