The Australian Embassy to Belgium and Luxembourg and Mission to the EU and NATO in Brussels has a vacancy for a Defence Business Manager. The position will be full-time and the successful applicant would preferably be able to commence no later than 1 July 2016. The position is based on a fixed-term contract and is available initially for a period of one year with the possibility of an extension or leading to permanent position.
For more information about the Department of Defence see http://www.defence.gov.au/
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage budgets for Defence Brussels office.
- Complete compliance reporting in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Act as administrative focal point for planning & coordination of official visits, meetings and events including development of visit programs to Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Manage travel and related bookings for Defence staff at Post and Australian embedded officer/s as required.
- Acquit allowances and entitlements including representational allowance, travel allowance and household maintenance allowance.
- Update and maintain Business Plan, Fraud Control Plan and Defence Asset Register.
- Act as Transport Manager and maintain vehicle management plan.
- Manage procurement and disposal of furniture and maintenance requirements.
- Manage and coordinate the arrival and departure of Defence staff at Post.
- Other duties as requested.
- Experience in office administration and financial management.
- Valid Belgian or International driver’s licence.
- High level written and spoken English communication skills.
Gross monthly salary for this role is between EUR 3,841.24 and EUR 4,154.81 depending on skills and experience plus holiday pay and Christmas bonus.
You must be an Australian citizen and will preferably already have the right to work in the EU (e.g. via dual nationality of any EU country). You also need to successfully obtain an Australian security clearance and agree to commence the process as soon as possible after the job being offered.
How to Apply
Candidates should provide a one-page maximum supporting statement, a two-page maximum CV and the name and contact details of two referees.
Applications close on Monday 25 April and should be sent by email to email@example.com
NB: No late applications will be accepted and applications must address the full selection criteria.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW
25th of April