YPFP is a dynamic, nonpartisan organization that provides a platform for a new generation of internationally-minded leaders to tackle the most pressing global challenges.
Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in New York, London, Brussels, and an expanding global presence around the world. YPFP has more than 17,000 young people engaged and reaches thousands more over social media.
About Affairs of State:
Since 2007, YPFP has hosted its annual Affairs of State gala in Washington, DC. The event raises awareness of the organization and celebrates its achievements while raising valuable funds to help our nonprofit grow in years to come.
The Gala Coordinator is the project manager of YPFP’s Affairs of State project team. S/he reports to the Executive Leadership of YPFP.
- Supervise project team, including social media, marketing, public relations, business development, and logistics
- Oversee and maintain project budget
- Secure venues for gala and after-party, liaise with venue POCs, and manage associated billing and contracts
- Secure vendors (including entertainment, photography, lighting, etc.)
- Develop and coordinate promotion and outreach strategy
- Work with Executive Leaders to secure sponsors and support Host Committee activities, including the pre-gala VIP reception
- Operate event ticketing system, monitor sales, and generate reports on overall headcount and partner and Host Committee ticket sales
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Professional experience in event planning strongly preferred
- Strong project management and cross-organizational communication skills
- Experience motivating and mentoring peers
- Aptitude for complex organizational problem solving
- Outstanding attention to detail
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Based in Washington, DC
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 7-10 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances.
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a statement of interest (500 words or less).
Please note that all YPFP staff positions are unpaid and on a volunteer basis. You must be a dues-paying member to be offered a volunteer position.