Public Affairs Junior Consultant, Financial Services (permanent offer)
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe's leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership; offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients' issues.
Within our Brussels office, our Financial Services team consists of 15 full-time consultants advising over 30 clients spanning banks, investors, insurance companies, market infrastructures, data providers, payments systems and credit rating agencies. Specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of legislative developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy strategies that help them meet their objectives and enhance their positioning.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Junior Consultant with some knowledge in the Financial Services sector, to join this established practice. The Consultant will assist in the implementation of public affairs programmes for market-leading global accounts. Based on his/her daily monitoring of relevant information sources and reporting on key developments, he/she will assist with preparing draft reports, presentations and issue analysis relevant to our clients. He/she will further be expected to proactively build networks around a number of dossiers with key relevant stakeholders from the EU institutions and private sector
- We are open to considering both candidates coming straight out of University and candidates with up to 2 years' experience in EU Public Affairs
- Good understanding of EU policymaking and a true interest in economics or financial services.
- Any previous experience acquired through working in the EU institutions or national ministries of finance/regulators, in a consultancy firm or in-house in a financial services organisation is a plus.
Skills & Competencies required
- Basic understanding of financial markets and of policy issues most impacting that sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English is a must; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus.
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Dynamic, supportive, collaborative and willing team player.