The American Enterprise Institute is a community of scholars and supporters committed to expanding liberty, increasing individual opportunity and strengthening free enterprise. AEI pursues these unchanging ideals through independent thinking, open debate, reasoned argument, facts and the highest standards of research and exposition. Without regard for politics or prevailing fashion, we dedicate our work to a more prosperous, safer and more democratic nation and world.
AEI is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics and social welfare. AEI’s purpose is to serve leaders and the public through research and education on the most important issues of the day. AEI research is conducted through seven primary research divisions: Economics, Foreign and Defense Policy, Politics and Public Opinion, Education, Health, Energy and the Environment and Society and Culture.
Location- Washington, District of Columbia
The American Enterprise Institute seeks an Academic Programs Associate to support Manager of Academic Programs in executing a strategic and results-oriented plan to impact the debates over free markets, limited government, poverty policy, and national security on major college campuses across the country. This position will support the Values & Capitalism project’s work at Christian colleges and universities as well as the broader AEI Academic Programs outreach to general campuses. With your help, we will grow campus outreach on behalf of the nation’s premier Washington-based think tank.
- Assist in building out networks of highly-motivated student leaders and giving them a template for action.
- Provide support as we bring students and faculty to AEI for leadership conferences, policy discussions, and training sessions, so that they return to their campuses energized for the semester ahead.
- Help to coordinate and support on-campus events that are designed to provoke discussion and expose students to policy ideas that work.
- Coordinate the Values & Capitalism and Academic Programs social media outreach, marketing multimedia products to students and professors across the country.
- Curate monthly project newsletters and maintain active lists of recipients within our project database.
- The ideal candidate will bring energy, entrepreneurial spirit, and a fierce commitment to achieving results.
- Expectations will be high, as will be the sense of accomplishment when we begin to succeed.
- You will play a key role in what will become the gold standard in on-campus programs and will be expected to take initiative and offer up ideas for improvement.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- A bachelor’s degree and 1–2 years of experience are preferred.
- Strong familiarity and experience working with Evangelical Christian student programs and the academic community, ideally from one of our program partner schools.
- Some travel should be expected.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, transcripts, and a 500 word-writing sample with their online application via this link.