The Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in Brussels intends to strengthen its organizational capacity to deliver, among others, by fulfilling its mission. In this regard the Embassy invites applicants for a position of research officer in the Department of Strategic partnership.
1. Job Title: Research Officer
2. Job Purpose:
The officer will be responsible in general terms for the preparation and implementation of activities relating to strategic partnership, Research on European Union, European Parliament, EU commission ACP, and European External Action Service based on Cotonou Agreement.
3. Major duties and responsibilities:
The Research Officer shall-
a) Ensure that activities relating to Strategic partnership are implemented.
b) Make proposals and prepare projects relating to Ethiopia’s strategic partnership with European Union
c) Monitor and analyze political and socio-economic trends which are likely to impact on Ethiopia’s Relation to European Union.
d) Assist in the preparation and organization of meetings with European Union Institutions, European Parliament and ACP
e) Compile reports, statements, memoranda and draft decisions of meetings, formulate talking points on items proposal.
f) Establish and maintain relations with relevant EU institutions.
g) Perform any other relevant functions assigned by the department and the Ambassador.
4. Qualifications and Experience Required
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor in one of the following disciplines: Law, Political Science, Social Sciences, journalism, project management or any other related discipline.
Candidates must have at least (2) years or more experience in working at EU institutions or related institution.
5. Other Relevant Skills
- Computer literacy;
Working knowledge of data analysis;
- Management experience, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills; and
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
6. Language Requirement:
Excellent Proficiency in languages (English/French). Knowledge of other working languages of the Embassy would be an added advantage.
7. Gender: Ethiopian Embassy offers an equal opportunity to employees and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.