The American Enterprise Institute is a community of scholars and supporters committed to expanding liberty, increasing individual opportunity and strengthening free enterprise. AEI pursues these unchanging ideals through independent thinking, open debate, reasoned argument, facts and the highest standards of research and exposition. Without regard for politics or prevailing fashion, we dedicate our work to a more prosperous, safer and more democratic nation and world.
AEI is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics and social welfare. AEI’s purpose is to serve leaders and the public through research and education on the most important issues of the day. AEI research is conducted through seven primary research divisions: Economics, Foreign and Defense Policy, Politics and Public Opinion, Education, Health, Energy and the Environment and Society and Culture.
Location- Washington, District of Columbia
Seeking a full-time research assistant to work with a free-market senior economist on issues related to tax policy, the U.S. economy, the stock market, investments, and other projects involving monetary policy, macroeconomics, and economic modeling.
- Research support in the form of data manipulation, retrieval, and analysis;
- Data entry and extraction;
- Edit and contributing to scholarly papers, articles, op-eds, and books;
- Create and formatting charts, graphic displays, and tables;
- Help organize conferences and seminars related to economic policy.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in economics and public policy as well as experience with economic methodologies, acquiring data from official sources, analyzing large data sets, and knowledge of statistical programs--preferably Stata
- A strong math/statistics background is required, and coursework in linear algebra, multi-variable calculus, and econometrics is strongly preferred.
How to Apply-
2015 graduates are eligible to apply. Please include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and transcript with your application via this link.