Aqua Publica Europea is the European association of public water operators. Its mission is to promote public water management at European and international level. APE gathers public water operators and their national associations from different European countries. Overall, its members provide high quality water and sanitation services to over 70 million European Citizens.
APE is recruiting a Policy and Communication officer to join the association’s secretariat in Brussels. The successful candidate will be part of a small but growing team. She/he will report to the executive director and to the Management Board, and will be involved in all the main activities related to the implementation of the association strategy.
- Providing assistance with association management activities (supporting Working Groups activities; facilitating communication exchange among members; giving support on administrative and financial issues, etc.).
- Monitoring EU policy developments and contributing to strategic policy analysis for members.
- Updating APE website and informing members on networking activities and EU policy developments.
Under the Executive Director’s supervision:
- Identifying relevant stakeholders and developing effective relationships with them.
- Planning and organizing internal and external events and meetings.
- Representing the association in formal and informal meetings and reporting to members and management board.
- Drafting position papers and any other communication material in collaboration with members.
- Taking part in the implementation of an EU funded project.
- Master’s degree in EU policies or other relevant field.
- Good knowledge of EU policy-making process and environment (three to five years professional experience required), preferably in environmental and water policies.
- Outstanding written and spoken English (mother-tongue level) and high proficiency in French.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and ability to communicate complex information in a concise, accurate and readable manner for different audiences
- Computer proficiency (Office package and Content Management Systems (CMS) for website).
- Flexibility and capacity to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. talking in public, presentation skills, etc.).
- Proactive attitude and propensity to propose new activities/project ideas
- Knowledge of the water sector/industry.
- Knowledge/experience of EU project cycle management.
- Proficiency in further European languages (especially Italian or Spanish or German).
- Familiarity with graphic software (e.g. Illustrator, etc.), E-campaigns, On-line forms
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by the 20th of July.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the second stage, involving an interview and a written test.