Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) is pleased to introduce its Internship Programme and provide current and recent students with the opportunity to intern with the SHAPE international community at Mons, Belgium. The SHAPE Internship Program (SIP) is part of the Supreme Allied Commander Europe's (SACEUR) larger campaign to elevate and improve SHAPE's and Allied Command Operations' (ACO) visibility.
Location – Brussels
Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) is pleased to introduce its Internship Programme and provide current and recent students with the opportunity to intern with the SHAPE international community at Mons, Belgium.
The internship programme has four main objectives:
- To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the SHAPE community and gain a thorough understanding of the organisation and NATO in general.
- To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce through encouraging Divisions/Offices to take on interns of different nationalities, origins and backgrounds with a view, in the mid to long-term, to providing SHAPE with a younger and more diverse pool of potential future job applicants.
- To provide SHAPE with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the interns can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
- To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
Tasks will depend on your background, the Division to which you are assigned, and the period during which you will do your internship. In the past, interns have been assigned the following duties:
- Assistance in drafting and preparing official documents.
- Attending and summarising council and committee meetings or conferences.
- Supporting public relations.
- Media analysis.
- Supporting technical and administrative services.
To qualify for an internship, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- All applicants for an internship must be a citizen of a NATO member nation.
- Applicants must be proficient in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must have at least two years of successful university study or equivalent.
- The program is open to current students or recent graduates (degree obtained within the last 18 months).
Only applications fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be taken into consideration. The others will be rejected automatically.
How to Apply
Apply at http://www.shape.nato.int/page20512215
Deadline – N/A