The aviation, aerospace, and defense industry’s most trusted brands have moved as one force. A multi-channel service provider, decision engine and marketplace, with deep databases and integrated workflow tools that support action, the Aviation Week Network brings you the power of breadth and the strength of depth to prevail in a challenging and fast-paced industry. Our staff of more than 50 editors and analysts around the world delivers an unsurpassed portfolio of information products and services for all sectors of the aerospace and defense industry. From award winning publications to online analytical services, the Aviation Week Network provides intelligence that informs and enables the global aerospace and defense industry and provides professionals with a strategic business advantage.
The Aviation Week Network is a division of Penton.
Location: Arlington, VA
Aviation Week, the world’s top aerospace reporting and analysis firm, has an opening this summer for a part-time research assistant to support the defense intelligence and data team. Research topics will include military aircraft fleets, developments in regional military markets, maintenance costs for local aircraft, military aircraft suppliers, military aircraft specifications and various other topics pertaining to the military aviation market.
Frequency: 20 hours per week, exact schedule is flexible
Duration: June 1 to August 31, 2016
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Familiarity with military aircraft programs is required.
- Ideal candidate is a student focusing in Strategic/Security Studies.
- Pluses include:
- Business-level proficiency in a foreign language
- Knowledge of military maintenance procedures
- Previous experience tracking military fleets, programs or maintenance
- Experience with databases - Microsoft Access, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, etc. spending
How to Apply
- Cover letter (1 pg. max) explaining one’s experience and interest in the position
- Resume (1-2 pg.)
Writing sample on a defense/strategic/security topic. MAXIMUM of 5 pages. Can be an excerpt from a longer work; if so, please preface with a paragraph or less explaining the context of the excerpt.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Please type “APPLICATION:” at the beginning of the subject line.