C4ADS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to data-driven analysis and evidence-based reporting of conflict and security issues worldwide. We utilize cutting-edge emerging technologies to manage, integrate, and analyze disparate data from diverse languages, regions, and sources, including our own field research in conflict zones and fragile states. Beyond pure data collection and analysis, we seek to produce and disseminate compelling content to engage both international and local audiences on issues of conflict and security. In doing so, we fill a critical gap left by traditional public sector institutions and profit-driven contractors.
Location – Washington DC
We are currently seeking applications for the position of RESEARCH ANALYST to assist in the research of security issues connecting Latin America and Eastern Europe. The position offers analysts a unique opportunity to conduct actionable research in support of real-world outcomes. This is a full-time position.
This position is research heavy. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to:
- Learn and apply investigative and research methodologies
- Conduct detailed and structured research on trafficking dynamics in Latin America and Eastern Europe
- Maintain native or professional-level fluency and research experience in Spanish and Russian
- Utilize Palantir, GIS, and other tools on a near-daily basis
- Work independently and with a strong work ethic
- Meet competing deadlines across short, medium, and long term timetables
- We do not adhere to strict application criteria, but applicants should have an undergraduate degree at a minimum; however, applicants with a masters’ degree are strongly preferred. As an organization, we value:
- Overseas work and/or research experience. Preferred: experience overseeing and implementing independent research project
- Demonstrated interest in critically examining illicit networks and/or Latin American conflict dynamics
- Strong GPA
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Experience with (or natural aptitude for) and willingness to engage frequently with a range of technological platforms
- Genuine intellectual ambition
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to collaborate
- Maintain native or professional-level fluency and research experience in Spanish AND Russian
How to Apply
The application package should contain a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 page analytical writing sample. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please include the position name in the subject of your email. Please direct all inquiries and applications to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as they will be considered on a rolling basis.
Deadline – Rolling