Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women in countries affected by conflict and war. Our twelve -month training program allows women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, women are able to create sustainable change for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped nearly 447,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in 8 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Location – Washington DC
The Associate Digital Producer (formerly Digital Storyteller) will focus on finding, writing, and curating powerful stories and content that can be used in internal and external communications. Using a journalistic approach, the Associate Digital Producer will develop content that is timely and that advances key messages and engages supporters with our work.
- Manage content development and posts on WfWI social media accounts.
- Work across various teams to write, edit and produce communications content (fact sheets, infographics, 2-pagers, News releases, blogs)
- Regularly write stories for WfWI’s blog and website
- Monitor news and identify opportunities to position WfWI on various issues.
- Collaborate across departments and review internal communications to identify potential story leads and ideas.
- Edit photographs and produce short videos to enhance WfWI’s multimedia storytelling, and develop creative briefs to guide graphic designers and video editors for larger projects.
- Assist Communications team with developing pitches for journalists and producers and assisting with relationship management of celebrities/VIPs.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
- 2-4 yrs experience working at an international development or Communications (incl. journalism/PR) organization
- Strong writing and proof-reading skills (with a portfolio or work samples to illustrate your work)
- Prior or current experience managing social media platforms on behalf of an organization
- Persuasive writing skills and ability to use a journalistic approach to tell impact stories to various audiences
- Firm understanding of resources needed (and ability to think creatively) in order to maximize social media and passion for developing content to support that objective
- Experience working with reporters and pitching story ideas
- Ability to analyze research and data and to think critically (including mapping of influencers and analyzing metrics)
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-starter who can work both independently and coordinate with a team;
- Ability to balance tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with photo/video/graphic and Media management software (e.g. Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Hootsuite, Meltwater, etc.) preferred
- A commitment to Women for Women International’s mission and vision
How to Apply
Apply at https://careers-womenforwomen.icims.com/jobs/
Deadline – N/A