AidData conducts cutting-edge research on thetargeting, coordination and evaluation of development assistance. We put these insights into practice with tools, training and lessons learned to benefit local communities.
Location: Williamsburg, VA
The Senior Program Manager position will lead a wide variety of strategic initiatives and offers a unique opportunity to work on cutting research with major policy and research stakeholders. The individual in this position will work with the Research and Evaluation team to support their efforts in encouraging uptake and use of AidData data products and research.
Responsibilities will include: business development, client management, project management, policy outreach and dissemination.
- Advanced degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience at a level which equates to an advanced degree,
- Relevant experience working for or with a bilateral or multilateral aid agency, non-governmental organization, think tank, or academic institution.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following packages: Stata, SAS, Excel, SQL, or R
- In-depth knowledge of issues related to global health, nutrition, and/or international development policy and practice
- Experience dealing with researchers and the global development community
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to research complex issues, evaluate options, consider consequences and recommend solutions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a demanding and complex work environment, carry out assignments in a timely manner, and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Record of delivering high quality outputs for international development projects or programs
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Dedicated team player with track record of working collaboratively across institutional and/or disciplinary boundaries
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical information into jargon-free prose
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as economics, public policy, international development, public health, global health.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients such as the Gates Foundation, USAID.
- Willingness to travel.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/22754