AidData conducts cutting-edge research on thetargeting, coordination and evaluation of development assistance. We put these insights into practice with tools, training and lessons learned to benefit local communities.
Location: Williamsburg, VA
The Institute for the Theory and Practice of International Relations at the College of William and Mary is currently seeking a Research Assistant to support the AidData program. AidData tracks more than $5.4 trillion dollars from 90 donor agencies, creates visualization tools and software applications to facilitate understanding of aid information, conducts rigorous impact evaluations of aid transparency innovations, and a variety of applied research activities that seek to improve understanding of aid distribution and impact. The successful candidate will have experience in data collection and analysis and/or RA management.
AidData seeks to (a) make foreign aid information more accessible and usable to policymakers, civil society organizations, journalists, and researchers; and (b) create tools that enable users to more effectively target, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate aid.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Political Science, GIS, Computer Science, or a relevant degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience analyzing program performance data and reporting programmatic results
- An entrepreneurial, results-oriented orientation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in project, budget, and/or staff management
- Experience in either geo-coding, media-based collection efforts, or activity coding
- Professional experience in developing countries
- Strong commitment to and understanding of AidData’s mission and goals
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/22740