AidData conducts cutting-edge research on thetargeting, coordination and evaluation of development assistance. We put these insights into practice with tools, training and lessons learned to benefit local communities.
Location: Williamsburg, VA
AidData’s Data Analyst will work closely with the Data Manager and the Program Managers to manage a large database tracking over $5.4 trillion dollars of aid allocation. The position will also help to support the creation of datasets for researchers from the world’s leading universities who are committed to using geocoded aid data and other sources of geospatial information to help the global development community make evidence-based policy and programming decisions.
Responsibilities will include data acquisition and quality assurance, product development and project management, and delivery of datasets.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either a development finance-related discipline or computer science discipline, such as economics, political science, international development, GIS, information systems or public policy; or commensurate professional experience
- Computer programming experience, such as R, SQL, Python, Perl, and/or shell.
- Relational database management experience, such as Postgre, MongoDB, MySQL, SQLite
- Analytical skills, a detail oriented nature and demonstrated experience working with complex datasets
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Experience with systems administration, database design and data-driven programming.
- Ability and eagerness to learn and employ new tools as needed.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, partners, users, and staff
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a demanding and complex work environment, to carry out assignments in a timely manner, and to adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Ability to work closely with project management teams to evaluate current systems and make decisions about future programming and development
- Ability to multi-task by working on projects while still undertaking day-to-day operations
- Ability to query, join and analyze large data sets.
- Familiarity with Version Control systems and software (e.g. GitHub, SVN).
- Familiarity with geospatial software and techniques;
- Geographic information systems and remote sensing experience, such as ArcGIS, Idrisi Taiga, and or Erdas Imagine
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning
- Strong knowledge of open data standards
- Familiarity with International Aid Finance data standards and terminology
- Familiarity with project and/or fiscal management
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/22623