The Syria Institute (TSI) is an independent non-profit and non-partisan research institution based in Washington, DC.
Location – Washington DC
We are looking for qualified undergraduate- and graduate- level winter and spring interns. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic young team and contribute to the development of a growing organization. Interns are a valuable part of our team and will gain substantive experience during their time with TSI. We are looking for people who are willing to dive in and enthusiastically support TSI’s many communications-related efforts, as well as other organizational tasks when needed. All of our interns are encouraged to attend relevant DC events and take part in outside trainings and activities that will help deepen their knowledge and skillset. A successful candidate will be highly motivated to learn and contribute, demonstrate maturity, insight, flexibility, and have a passion for our mission and vision.
- Managing and/or contributing to posts for social media accounts on Twitter/Facebook
- Optimize social media outreach through tracking and website analytics
- Create graphics as needed to support research and publications
- Assisting with editing and layout design for publications
- Sending out newsletters and developing marketing materials
- Drafting blog posts
- Updating website calendar and publishing daily news updates
- Tracking media hits and developing and maintaining a comprehensive media list
- Fast learner who takes initiative and can function independently when needed
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills for online and offline audiences
- Technical experience with design and editing (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); mapping; data visualizations; Google apps
- Integrity, professionalism, solution-oriented
- Pursuing or earned a degree in communications, international relations or related course of study
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until candidates have been selected. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Internship Application – [LAST NAME].” The email should include a resume, cover letter, and a brief recent writing sample and examples of any other previous work that may be relevant to the position (graphics design, visualizations, charts, social media strategies, etc.) In the cover letter, please be sure to indicate the dates that you would be available. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview and may be asked to provide additional information (references, unofficial transcript).
Deadline – N/A