The Cipher Brief is a digital, security-based conversation platform that connects the private sector with the world’s leading security experts. We deliver a relevant analysis of news and events that helps readers accurately anticipate and safely navigate the complex, unstable, global security environment. The Cipher Brief was founded by former CNN Intelligence Correspondent Suzanne Kelly on the belief that reporting on the latest security breaches or global security issues alone won’t always help find solutions to the bigger problems. Engaging the private sector in a solutions-based conversation is what moves the ball down the field.
Location – Washington DC
The Cipher Brief is looking for a savvy, news-focused Digital Media Manager to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in national security and intelligence, a knack for creating killer content, and experience working with various social media platforms in a news context.
- Draft and schedule social media posts across multiple platforms for all content published by The Cipher Brief
- Monitor breaking news—and break some of our own
- Track analytics and give recommendations based on performance
- Be “plugged in” to the evolving world of social media and digital strategy
- Bring us innovative ideas on how to present and disseminate our content
- Think beyond Twitter and Facebook to keep The Cipher Brief on the cutting edge of digital media
- Strong background in national security and intelligence
- Experience in journalism, social media, and/or marketing
- Ability to track, report, and act on analytics from multiple platforms
- Superior news judgment and editorial sense
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline – N/A