An independent not-for-profit founded in 1919, IIE is among the world's largest and most experienced international education and training organizations. We are committed to delivering program excellence to a diverse range of participants, sponsors, and donors.
Location: Washington DC
This is a Part Time Program Associate position. The Program Associate supports the administration of various programs within the division including the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship and Western Union Foundation scholarships. S/he supports the administration of all program components including but not limited to outreach and communications, application review, travel and event logistics, recordkeeping and supporting special program initiatives. Work is carried out under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Communicate with U.S. Embassy/Fulbright Commission contacts overseas on matters concerning recruitment, eligibility, application process, and candidate acceptance.
- Serve on a team to support the travel home process: communicate with travel agent to arrange itineraries, review itineraries and transmit itineraries to participants and communicate travel home policies.
- Serve on a team to support the application review process: review applications for technical eligibility and completeness and communicate with U.S. Embassy/Fulbright commission contacts as to needed documents.
- Provide support to Humphrey Program director in liaising with assigned host universities (process address updates, dependent requests, professional affiliation and extension paperwork; site visit travel to DC-area universities and meetings with Fellows and administrators; provide support to Fellows regarding professional/academic resources, problem solving, emergency trouble-shooting, and interpretation of program guidelines and regulations)
- Provide support to program officer in administering the Western Union Foundation scholarships: process vendor and payment requests and maintain applicant and grantee data
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of administrative work experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, internationally-focused work environment; or equivalent combination of degree and work experience.
- Study abroad and/or work experience overseas preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in composing, typing and reviewing materials.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle a large volume of work with multiple deadlines.
- Flexibility, ability to respond to changing priorities, take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated multicultural sensitivity.
- Interest in international exchanges and/or international experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and database software.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands: Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://iie.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/1632