The Center for Global Development is dedicated to reducing global poverty and inequality through policy-oriented research and active engagement on development issues with the policy community and the public. A principal focus of the Center's work will be policies of the United States and other industrial countries that affect development prospects in poor countries.
Location: Washington DC
The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks a full time Office Assistant to provide administrative, facilities and general office support under the guidance of the Office Manager. The employee will support the entire office in a broad array of functions.
- Maintain order of the entire office space: organization, aesthetics, cleanliness and efficiency
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies, food items, beverages and kitchen supplies
- Assist with booking, setup, and cleanup of events/meetings for the office's 6 meeting spaces
- Serves as the front desk receptionist, greeting visitors and directing traffic
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail services; coordinate outgoing services
- Order catering for staff functions and meetings
- Maintain the function and cleanliness of two staff kitchens
- Assist the Office Manager with facilities and building maintenance related issues
- Assist the Office Manager with staff events and functions
- Assist the Office Manager in maintaining institutional subscriptions
- Maintain the on-site fitness facility and locker rooms
- Perform occasional data entry using Salesforce
- Cheerful and bright demeanor are a must
- Reliable attendance and punctuality are essential
- Willingness to pitch in anywhere, including getting your hands dirty
- Good writing and communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook; strong overall computer literacy
- Motivated self-starter who can take initiative and maintain a sense of responsibility for the office and its appearance/day-to-day function
- Be able to lift 20+ pounds without assistance
- 1-2 years' experience in administrative or facilities support required
How to Apply
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate "office assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist may be subject to a pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.