TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Location: Washington DC
TechnoServe seeks candidates for the role of Associate Grants and Contracts Analyst, supporting the Grants and Contracts division to develop and maintain legally defensible independent contractor, procurement, subaward and milestone files to minimize the organization’s risk.
- Administer independent contractor agreements for all regions engaged out of headquarters.
- Daily interaction with vendors/independent contractors regarding task assignments, billing questions, appropriate paperwork in accordance with TechnoServe procedures.
- Assist requestors with the process of engaging independent contractors.
- Prepare independent contractor agreements based on approved engagement forms; conduct excluded parties screenings.
- Prepare, send and follow up with contractors with paperwork necessary to complete an agreement.
- Develop, maintain and track central filing system for independent contractor agreements.
- Coordinate with internal staff on issues relating to independent contractors.
- Ensure compliance with TechnoServe, donor and other legal administrative requirements and regulations as it relates to engaging independent contractors.
- Administer and coordinate of all headquarters procurement requests, maintain central procurement files, and track procurements.
- Assist staff with appropriate documentation (RFQs, RFPs, bid analysis sheets, goods received forms, etc.)
- Assist with the review of field procurements >$20,000 to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain tracking system for HQ procurements and procurements >$20k.
- Assist with the creation of preferred vendor list for DC procurements and consultants and maintain list.
- Assist with training staff on independent contractor and procurement procedures.
- Track milestones and upload financial and narrative reports to the award database and update tracking information in the financial management system award module.
- Enter subaward information in award database including payment terms and milestones.
- Prepare and update monthly milestone and subaward reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma plus at least three years of related experience, or a college degree in international development or business administration and at least one year of related experience
- Have general understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), and other donor requirements and their application to relevant procurements
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, project staff, suppliers and clients
- Proficient interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail, to prioritize workload and follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Knowledge of Award Vision a plus
- Spanish, Portuguese and/or French a plus
How to Apply
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Apply online to submit your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.