An independent not-for-profit founded in 1919, IIE is among the world's largest and most experienced international education and training organizations. We are committed to delivering program excellence to a diverse range of participants, sponsors, and donors.
Location: Washington DC
The Administrative Associate supports the management of the KAUST Gifted Student Program and provides administrative support to the program teams active in Washington, DC, San Francisco, and New York. S/he understands, fulfills and anticipates program needs and priorities. S/he coordinates management team travel, logistics, scheduling, divisional expense reports and invoice processing. Work is carried out under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
KAUST Gifted Student Program support
- Compiles weekly critical issues reports and other, periodic reports, as needed.
- Inputs data into program databases and spreadsheets.
- Registers students for SAT and TOEFL exams. Submits invoices to KGSP finance team for processing.
- Supports student insurance enrollment process.
- Provides backup support for program events and logistics.
- Ensures KGSP website is up-to-date.
- Provides administrative support to the Division Director, including but not limited to scheduling, preparing materials for meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Corresponds with a diverse group of stakeholders. Screens incoming calls and correspondence. Serves as the general point of contact for the division.
- Prepares expense reports and tracks processing. Prepares divisional payment requests and journal entries.
- Performs the initial review of documents and expense reports requiring director’s signature for correct approvals and compliance.
- Maintains vendor and other divisional files.
- Arranges international travel visas for team members.
- Work with Human Resources, Administrative Services, and Help Desk units to set up new staff.
- Serves as a resource and facilitates division-wide training on IIE systems.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Maintains internal and external staff contact and distribution lists.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of related administrative work experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, internationally-focused work environment.
- Familiarity with study abroad programs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding commitment and sense of dedication to understanding, fulfilling and anticipating program and supervisor’s needs and priorities.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work with a high level of data integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Superior data entry skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://iie.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/1630