Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 400 leading academics to conduct over 600 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
The Policy & Communications Associate will play a key role in supporting and growing IPA’s external communications and policy outreach. S/he produces IPA publications and materials through the creation of content aimed at engaging policymakers, funders, partners, and researchers. This individual must possess excellent writing, project management, and collaboration skills.
As a member of IPA's Policy & Communications Team, s/he will liaise closely with the organization's program area, country office, and development teams to produce exceptional external content and materials.
Location – New York, NY
Policy Writing Support (50%)
- Assist in the writing and updating of external publications, including, but not limited to, project summaries, policy briefs, event materials, reports, and presentations
- Develop and update graphics and fact sheets
- Maintain and develop IPA brand resources and content
Policy Outreach Support (10%)
- Liaise with IPA's program area, policy, and country office teams to support policy outreach activities and requests
- Support development of proposals for funding IPA’s policy outreach
Communications Support (40%)
- Support website content updates and improvements
- Use existing design templates to lay out outreach materials for country offices
- Provide timely service to global staff and external stakeholders
- Assist with the overall execution of IPA’s external research and policy communications strategy
- Support mass internal communications
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences, design, communications, marketing, or a similar field
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to reliably work independently under tight deadlines, juggling multiple tasks for different organizational clients, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Interest in and knowledge of international development, economics, or social policy
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is a plus
- Experience with basic HTML, Drupal, and/or Salesforce is a plus
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=IPAORG&jobId=168888&lang=en_US&source=CC3.
Deadline – N/A