The EastWest Institute (EWI) is a leading international policy organization founded in 1980 to focus on global, regional and bilateral conflict prevention. EWI acts on collaborative and practical responses to the most critical threats to global peace and stability. EWI is known for its action bias and results-driven mandate, its fierce independence and recognized track record of building trust and fostering collaborative teams which generate practical solutions.
Location: New York, NY
The Internship Program at the EastWest Institute provides talented students and recent graduates with a three-month (or longer) unpaid training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development. We encourage out-of-the-box thinking and value fresh perspectives.
As part of the on the job training process interns will work closely with their supervisor on research projects, administrative and logistical support, and other necessary tasks specific to their respective department. Additionally, interns will add to their skill sets by attending informal and formal learning sessions and an optional research project.
The Communications intern will gain experience in writing, media relations, social media as well as strategic communications. The intern may be called upon to write and edit pieces for our website, newsletters, social networking platforms, and to assist with media outreach. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support with maintaining and updating the website;
- Contribute to media relations projects;
- Develop proposals for innovation on the website;
- Help to craft informative writing on relevant issues;
- Contribute to social media pages;
- Organize hard-copy publications and other relevant projects.
- Student enrolled in a relevant graduate or undergraduate degree program or a recent graduate;
- Background and interest in international relations or security studies desirable;
- Excellent writing ability: considerable public/media relations and social media experience is a plus;
- Fluency in English a must. Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
- The ability and drive to perform in a fast-paced international environment;
- PC literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Internet-research savvy;
- Team player, highly motivated, flexible, and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Apply through EWI's website here.
The EastWest Institute reserves the right to change this description at any time. EastWest hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.