The International Institute for Strategic Studies is a world-leading authority on global security, political risk and military conflict.
The IISS was founded in the UK in 1958 with a focus on nuclear deterrence and arms control. Today, it is also renowned for its annual Military Balance assessment of countries' armed forces and for its high-powered security summits, including the Shangri-La Dialogue.
A registered charity headquartered in London, the IISS also has offices in Washington, Singapore and Manama, Bahrain. The IISS is a non-partisan organisation, independent of government and other bodies. Its mission is to promote the adoption of sound policies to further global peace and security and maintain civilised international relations.
Location- Washington, DC
The Operations Administrator will among other tasks be responsible for managing public and private events hosted by the IISS-US, providing assistance with the management and administration of the office, and serving as the principle point of contact for incoming communication and inquiries.
Duties related to events will include (among other elements):
- Managing the IISS-US events calendar
- Utilising contact manager and related software to draft, send and track invitations
- Coordinating with the IISS AV/IT team and outside vendors for events
- Assisting visiting IISS staff members and other speakers with logistics and arrangements
Duties related to management and administration will include (among other elements):
- Assisting with accounting and record-keeping
- Processing membership dues
- Coordinating activity reports
- Maintaining office supplies
Duties related to incoming communication will include (among other elements):
- Monitoring various IISS-US email accounts
- Responding to and directing incoming emails and calls
- Bachelor’s degree (Foreign Policy focus preferred)
- One year of administrative experience
How to Apply
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.