The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 30 countries and 29 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC is recruiting for a researcher to assist with upcoming speeches and a short book. IRC is looking for individuals with expertise in humanitarian policy, political science (ideally with a focus on conflict studies), and philosophy. The position will report to the Director of Policy and Planning in the President’s Office.
Ideal applicants will have an interest and/or experience in international aid and refugee resettlement. Previous professional or academic experience in policy research and analysis is preferred.
A top applicant will be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong communication skills across multiple mediums and a demonstrated ability to think critically. S/he must be enthusiastic and have excellent research, writing and organizational skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is mandatory.
Location – New York, NY
- Conducting literature reviews
- Summarizing and developing arguments in written briefs
- Analyzing and presenting data and statistics
- Reviewing, editing and formatting content
- Engaging in brainstorming sessions as required.
- Advanced degree in international relations, development or other relevant degree preferred.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills: the ability to cut through large bodies of research and information to analyze, summarize and develop arguments. Understands the relationships between theory and practice, data and trends, and can think in an inter-disciplinary way.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a demanding environment.
- Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment, anticipate issues before they arise, and problem solve creatively with minimal guidance.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required.
- Excellent Computer skills: Expert in all MS Office applications. Quantitative analysis skills may be required.
How to Apply
Please apply online: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IRC&cws=1&rid=14956.
Deadline – N/A