TRG is a Global Strategic Engagement consultancy that for the last 30 years has been helping the world’s leading companies and governments define, shape and disseminate accurate information and messages on policies, strategies and activities to key audiences. To date, TRG has worked in or on 101 countries. And as such has been and is a leader and innovator in the realm of data driven multi-channel social and traditional media campaigns and is known for its depth of knowledge, sophistication and results-oriented approaches.
Location – Washington DC
The Senior Media Strategist (SMS) will support a variety of programs, assisting in the development and implementation of communications strategy, implementing specific operational activities, supporting client requests and TRG staff in their service to the client. The SMS also will provide support in new business development, including proposal research and writing and prospective client outreach.
• Serve as day-to-day media strategist, including client contact on assigned account(s); responsible for internal and client activity reports; maintain detailed records of program activities, materials and resources. Plan and facilitate client meetings, including presentations, reports, and other materials.
• Develop a range of strategic communications and media relations activities that support specific client(s) including: media analysis products that include recommendations and identify threats and opportunities; provide counsel on messaging, audiences and delivery.
• Continuously evaluate client’s past and current coverage in the total open source environment; recommend courses of action on issues related to the client’s goals and objectives.
• Support client in creation, design and implementation of media and marketing materials, social media and website content.
• Provide media outreach on client’s behalf, including customized pitching and building relationships with journalists and bloggers.
• Manage research team in the production of internal and client products and serve as intermediary between client(s) and researchers.
• Participate in business development efforts, including proposals, papers and potential client outreach.
• Provide social media support to CEO and the corporate web site.
• A Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing and/or international affairs, with a minimum of 4-7 years relevant work experience.
• Ability to work as a team member and independently to accomplish corporate and client goals in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple program activities.
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
• A background in international affairs, particularly the Africa region.
How to Apply
Apply at http://www.rendon.com/careers/.
Deadline – N/A