Boren Scholars and Fellows study throughout the world, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded.
Location – Washington DC
The Program Officer will serve as the lead for approximately 170 Boren Scholars. This includes managing the application process, monitoring and communicating with the program grantees, conducting program outreach, and facilitating review panels.
- Applicant Counseling, Outreach and Review Process
- Serves as a primary contact for potential applicants, as well as campus representatives and interested parties. Responds to both general and specific questions and inquiries through email, phone, or in-person.
- Represents and promotes the program at conferences, on-campus visits, webinars, and other outreach opportunities. Works with the outreach specialist to coordinate his/her own schedule and travel.
- Reviews Boren Scholarship applications for technical eligibility; coordinating any required notifications to applicants. Oversees follow-up to applicants who have not submitted complete applications.
- Facilitates review panels for the Boren Scholarships and Fellowships.
- Evaluates and revises applicants’ program budgets.
- Undergraduate degree in related field, and at least 2 years related experience required.
- Program management experience including managing tasks and responsibilities in a complex, deadline-oriented environment required
- Experience with U.S. Universities, study abroad programs, and/or competitive awards required.
Deadline – N/A