Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women in countries affected by conflict and war. Our twelve -month training program allows women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, women are able to create sustainable change for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped nearly 447,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in 6 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Location - Washington DC
The Spring 2017 Business Development Intern will assist the Global Programs Unit in business development by researching USG funding agencies and other donors, assist in proposal development tasks and conduct research for new business opportunities. The intern will contribute to specific projects under the supervision of the Business Development Director. The internship will require 15-20 hours per week; a $10 daily stipend will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduate students looking to obtain additional experience in the not-for-profit space, and the inner workings on an international nonprofit grassroots women’s development organization.
- Background research for business development;
- Compiling information about potential NGO and funding partners for Country offices;
- Assist the Global Programs Unit in business development;
- Support input and analysis of data in our monitoring and evaluation system as well as program log frames;
- Liaise with other departments such as marketing, development and communications; and as needed;
- Participate in business development related meetings, and conduct follow-up.
- Student of/candidate for a master’s degree in international development or a related field;
- Strong research and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work interdependently and communicate with people;
- Experience working in an office environment.
How to Apply
Apply at careers-womenforwomen.icims.com
Deadline – N/A