Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women in countries affected by conflict and war. Our twelve -month training program allows women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, women are able to create sustainable change for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped nearly 447,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in 6 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Location – Washington DC
The Spring 2017 Development Intern will assist the Marketing, Development, & Communications team with fundraising by researching prospect leads, implementing grassroots initiatives, managing data, and conducting a research project that addresses a key issue challenging the team. The intern will contribute to specific projects under the supervision of the Director of Development. The internship will require 15-20 hours per week; a $10 daily stipend will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduate students looking to obtain additional experience in the not-for-profit space, and the inner workings on an international nonprofit grassroots women’s development organization.
- Background research on funding prospects;
- Drafting briefs about funding prospects;
- Support input and analysis of data;
- Assist in the implementation of grass roots initiatives;
- Design and complete a research project that tackles a key issue facing the department, and report back on the findings;
- Liaise with other departments such as marketing, communications, and the global programs unit; and as needed;
- Participate in development meetings, and conduct follow-up.
- Student of/candidate for a master’s degree in international development, fundraising, or a related field;
- Strong research and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work interdependently and communicate with people;
- Experience working in an office environment.
How to Apply
Apply at careers-womenforwomen.icims.com
Deadline – N/A