The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Location - 122 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10168 USA
The Leadership Gifts Team within the IRC’s Revenue Department is responsible for raising over $20 million annually from major private donors. As an essential player in this unit, the Leadership Engagement Associate will assist with the planning and execution of approximately 20 donor events throughout the year. This is a chance to learn about the inner-workings of a thought-leader INGO and partner across revenue, marketing, and program departments.
The Associate, Leadership Engagement will assist with supporting events of the highest caliber that will deepen existing donors’ commitment to the IRC’s work and will introduce new high-net worth individuals to the IRC. Work across departments and teams in order to support the design of program content and written cultivation materials, correspondence, proposals, and briefing materials for the CEO, the VP of development, and board members.
- Support the Leadership Gifts team in all aspects of the development, implementation, and management of various types of events (acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship) nationally and globally for the Leadership Gifts team to increase private donations to the IRC.
- Support the Associate Director and Manager, Leadership Engagement, in managing the administrative side of the IRC’s largest fundraising event, the annual Freedom Award Dinner: assist in creating solicitation letters (merging and proofing); running financial and contact information reports from the database; managing an events calendar; entering data in the database; managing spreadsheets; booking proposals and pledges in the database; manage name listings for the event program; collaborate with all teams across the organization to ensure information is being smoothly communicated and time-managed; manage the invoicing process to ensure all pledges are paid within the fiscal year.
- Manage event data in Salesforce (e.g., attendance, RSVPs, conversations leading up to the event). Work closely with the operations team to pull data in order to measure and analyze event trends such as revenue and attendance over time.
- Assist in the design, printing, and mailing of event invitations to major donors and prospects.
- Work closely with conference call companies to organize large conference calls to brief donors on our programs.
- Work closely with the research team to request and produce research on event guests.
- Help to organize and produce event collateral for guests and preparatory briefing materials for CEO and Leadership Gifts Officers.
- Assist with the administration behind 2 trips to the field (domestic) and 2 trips to the field (abroad) for major donors and IRC board/overseers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in nonprofit management, marketing, international relations, international development or similar.
- Up to 2 years of administrative experience in a not-for-profit, university, or corporate setting.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- A true team player always willing to help out.
- Experience working in an office environment and using office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=IRC&cws=1&rid=13522
Deadline – N/A