The British Consulate General in New York City represents the UK government in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Fairfield County in Connecticut.
Our services involve handling a wide range of political, commercial, cultural, security and economic interests to the UK and our region. We also provide consular assistance to British nationals who live in or visit our area of coverage.
Location – 845 Third Avenue, New York, NY
The Consulate's Press and Public Affairs team is looking for someone to manage events and projects. The job holder will be based at the Consulate-General in midtown Manhattan.
- Manage the Consulate’s events and projects - including but not limited to negotiation, onsite logistics, liaising with senior contacts / partners/sponsors, budget and staffing management, pre-event briefing, post-event evaluation– to deliver business, communications and policy objectives, including those of the UK’s GREAT campaign
- Provide input into strategic communication plans, including media opportunities, tactics and story ideas, consistent with communication priorities
- Work across the Consulate and with external contacts to develop suitable ideas for events and projects
- Manage one full-time Public Affairs Assistant
- 3-5 years relevant experience within event operations and/or project management
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills and ability to be detail-oriented
- Good judgement and willingness to make sound and timely decisions
- Creativity, flexibility, adaptability, and excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong research skills
- Confidence and poise; ability to quick on your feet and work independently and in a fast -paced environment
- Proven ability to develop realistic action plans, meet deadlines and execute on clear deliverables
- Ability to focus on multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Propensity to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Up-to-date knowledge of and interest in foreign policy issues
- Appreciation of the challenges and sensitivities of working in government and diplomacy
- Strong networking skills; ability and willingness to attend evening or occasional weekend events, as necessary
How to Apply
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted by 31 July 2016 by following the online application process: https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/xf-74e605616ff6/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/995-Public-Affairs-Special-Projects-Coordinator/en-GB. Please identify in your cover letter whether you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy.
Deadline – July 31st, 2016