JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Country Risk Management group is an independent risk management function which works in close partnership with other risk functions to identify and monitor country risk within the Firm. Country Risk Management is part of Corporate Risk Management, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer. Country Risk Management is responsible for the following:
- Developing guidelines and policies consistent with a comprehensive country risk framework
- Assigning sovereign ratings and assessing country risks.
- Analyzing economic and political risks the firm faces as a result of its activities worldwide and assigning internal sovereign credit ratings to countries to which the firm has exposure.
- Measuring and monitoring country risk exposure and stress across the Firm
- Managing country limits and reporting trends and limit breaches to senior management
- Developing surveillance tools for early identification of potential country risk concerns
- Providing country risk scenario analysis
Location – 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10179
The qualified candidate will be joining the Country Risk team reporting to the Head of Country Risk Management for Europe in New York with a focus on country analysis and risk management. Primary responsibilities will be to rate and review select European market economies and to help in the management of the Country Risk stress framework for those countries. In addition, they would include supporting the global team effort to capture exposure and stress measures across all product groups, businesses and regions at the country level and to engage in global team initiatives (e.g. Early Warning Systems, Basel reporting, Legal Entity, Risk Tolerance), as needed. The incumbent would also participate in ad hoc projects and liaise as needed with Market Risk and Technology colleagues, conveying market color and keeping abreast of country-related news and capital market behaviors for the European portfolio.
- Assigning and maintaining country ratings/outlooks. The candidate would support analytical coverage in various parts of the world, with a focus on Europe. Therefore, knowledge of the Europe region is valued.
- Actively monitoring economic, political and market developments in countries under coverage
- Writing in-depth country reports in support of analytical conclusions
- Making internal presentations and rating recommendations to rating committee
- Participating in various projects covering risk issues for Country Risk Management globally.
- Regularly communicating views to internal clients both verbally and in writing (such as investment bankers, credit executives, relationship managers etc.)
- Helping with the production of macroeconomic stress analyses assuming different global conditions
- Researching specific economics-related topics
- Being involved in European bespoke stress under the supervision of the regional European head
- Interacting with traders and market risk colleagues on risk concentrations and dynamics
- Reviewing and assessing the impact of complex deals on country limit usage.
- Strong academic background with a focus on macroeconomics, international relations, politics, or finance preferred.
- Prior experience in country risk management and/or macroeconomic research would be highly valued.
- Strong quantitative skills preferred.
- Knowledge of capital markets and products/securities traded. Familiarity with credit and market risk methodologies.
- Familiarity with stress platforms and scenario analysis.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Excellent Bloomberg, Excel (knowledge of VBA a strong +) and PowerPoint skills.
- Second language other than English preferred.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://jpmchase.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2458426
Deadline – N/A