The UK Permanent Representation to the EU (UKREP) works within the EU and its member states to maximise British influence on issues such as trade, the single market and economic growth is now looking for Team Coordinator for the Social and Environment Team for the UK Representation to the EU in Brussels (UKREP).
Location – Brussels
The main propose of the role will be to facilitate the efficient and effective functioning of the Social and Environment Section by providing high quality administrative support to the Counsellor and Desk Officers in successfully negotiating UK objectives in European legislation relating to Social, Employment, Health and Pharmaceuticals, Environment and Climate Change.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Provide proactive, effective administrative support to a busy team consisting of the Social & Environment Counsellor, 4 Social and Health Attachés and 3 Environment Attachés, including:
- Provide general administrative support to the team, such as scanning, filing documents and organising meetings;
- Oversee team records keeping/data storage, including identifying improvements as appropriate;
- Under supervision of section budget-holder, manage and monitor S&E Team budget in accordance with FCO best practice;
- Organise inward and outward visits for senior officials;
- Supervise and manage office supplies;
- Track progress of EU Health, Social and Environment dossiers via Attachés and update Parliamentary Scrutiny teams in London as required
- Longer-term responsibilities for improvement of administrative structures.
- Provide administrative support to the UK Delegations at the various quarterly Ministerial Councils covered by the Section;
- Support for preparation of European Council discussions Section relevant issues;
- Manage document and e-mail systems, distribution lists and information flow from the EU institutions to officers and UK Government Department contacts as required.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and team working skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including the ability to build networks with key stakeholders
- across Whitehall and the EU Institutions;
- IT skills (Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook);
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Able to exercise a high level of discretion on sensitive policy issues and be a self-starter;
- Key FCO competences: Managing a Quality Service, Leading and Communicating, Changing and
- Improving, Delivering at Pace.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and flexible with others;
- Experience of co-ordinating and managing visits and events;
- Experience of dealing with senior management;
- Relevant educational and professional experience is highly desirable;
- Operational level of French.
How to Apply
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Belgium. The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium does not sponsor work permits. All applicants should submit their CV (in English, up to 3 pages), Covering Letter (in English, no more than 1 page of A4, Arial11) setting out their motivation for the role and how they meet the above criteria.
Applications should be sent to jobapplications.BEL@fco.gov.uk and the email subject line must be formatted as follows: BEL367 The closing date for applications is the 6th September 2015.
Kindly note that your application will only be considered if:
- Your application has been sent within the time frame requested
- Your application documents are fully in English
- Your applications documents are in .pdf format
Apply at https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-brussels/about/recruitment
Deadline – 6th September 2015