Global Glimpse is a nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and a 3-week summer immersion programs in Ecuador, Nicaragua or Dominican Republic. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to serve 900 high school students annually and we are building to serve 1000 students annually by 2017. Global Glimpse works to make global education accessible to all; our program delivers true socioeconomic, ethnic and experiential diversity.
Location - 55 Exchange Place, Suite 503, New York, NY 10005
The New York Programs Manager will work closely with our VP of Strategic Partnerships to support our New York partner school programs by promoting global awareness, social responsibility, and youth leadership in 15+ high schools in the New York region. The Programs Manager will train and support a network of highly committed volunteer high school educators to recruit outstanding student leaders for the program, effectively run after school workshops in their schools, and prepare for a three week summer immersion in the developing world. This is a fast paced work environment in a highly successful, growing international non-profit organization. A minimum 2-year commitment is required.
Monthly salary commensurate with experience, medical benefits, 20 days PTO, cellphone reimbursement & professional development.
New York Partner School Program
- Support all aspects of the regional Partner School Program and be responsible for full program lifecycle including leader recruitment and training, student recruitment, payment administration, afterschool workshops and preparing the students and volunteer educators for summer programs in the developing world.
- Recruit independent trip leaders to support the Global Glimpse program if necessary
- Manage all background checks and school regulations
- Manage relationships with administrators and district level supervisors in partnership with the VP of Partnerships
- Lead volunteer trainings, student recruitment presentations and parent orientations
Alumni Ambassador Leadership Program
- Help manage the New York Alumni Ambassador Program in which New York Global Glimpse alumni (high school Seniors) can apply and participate in a 9-month (5 Saturday workshop) leadership program that empowers them to support the programs at their high schools
- Organize and manage office duties including general organization and filings, expense tracking, mail, student payment tracking, admin email, and office phone, etc…
As you grow into the role, additional responsibilities will include:
- Support the planning and execution of our annual NY fundraising event
- Grant writing
- Individual donor outreach and stewardship
Advisory Board Management
- Attend and facilitate Advisory Board meetings
- Cultivate new members
- Collaborate with Advisory Board members to reach their fundraising goals
- Knowledge of the regional Education systems, strong network in the region
- Passion for international education and youth development
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international education or Bachelor’s in an unrelated field with significant international experience
- Master’s degree in international education or equivalent experience preferred, but not required
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Independent, can work successfully in an independent environment
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred, but not required
- Management experience, especially volunteer management
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience living and working in the developing world
- Ability to work with diverse students, teachers, and families
- High level of professionalism
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience with payment tracking, accounting, and budget management
- Ability to engage professionally with parents, educators, and administrators
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Salesforce
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide 3 references.
Deadline - Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.