Headquartered in Zurich and Basel, the UBS Group is a global firm providing financial services to private, corporate and institutional clients. The UBS Group is present in all major financial centers and has offices in over 50 countries. The UBS Group employs approximately 60,000 people around the world.
Location – New York, NY
You'll be working in the Environmental & Social Risk unit, a global team located in Zürich, New York and Singapore. We have a firm-wide responsibility for the development and implementation of principles to manage ESR and associated reputational risks and for conducting ESR assessments across investment banking, wealth management and commodities trading. We also advise senior management in advancing our strategy on environmental and human rights principles. As such you will be confronted to a very dynamic and diverse environment dealing with a great variety of issues, for example palm oil one day and coal mining the next. No two days are the same.
Are you interested in implementing environmental and social risk (ESR) standards in a global financial firm? If yes, we're looking for someone like this to:
- assess ESR in client onboarding and transaction due diligence
- support the development of methodologies to quantify ESR at portfolio level (e.g. stress testing)
- monitor emerging ESR and manage regional relationships;
- act as ESR point of contact in the Americas to deliver internal training and support related communications measures;
- a university degree or post-graduate qualification in environmental or sustainability studies, economics, business administration, international affairs or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a risk control or business function in the financial sector, in a sustainability department in the corporate sector or an environmental consulting firm
- understanding of, or strong interest in environmental and social risk issues
- ability to convey qualitative and quantitative information clearly, accurately and succinctly (excel proficiency)
- interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and across a broad agenda
- energetic, self-directed, outcome-oriented, hard-working and collaborative team player
- fluency in English a must, other languages a plus
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the following link: https://jobs.ubs.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&noback=0&partnerid=25008&siteid=5012&jobid=142703.
Deadline – N/A