The United States Council for International Business advances the global interests of American business. We do so through advocacy that calls for an open system of world trade, finance and investment, where business can flourish and contribute to economic growth, human welfare and environmental protection.
Location – 1212 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
Business association representing American multinational companies seeks an experienced writer/editor to spearhead the development and dissemination of high-quality news and promotional content. Position will encompass the conception, development and distribution of content covering a wide array of business and public policy topics, utilizing both traditional print/online media as well as social media and other new technologies. Contribute to the development of organizational membership and other promotional materials, and provide support for media relations and public affairs activities. Some travel required.
- Conceive, write and edit content for online and print publications across the entire organization, with particular focus on advocacy and public policy activities.
- Serve as primary content manager for organization’s website.
- Manage the development and distribution of organizational e-newsletters and other mass electronic communications.
- Manage development and production of quarterly magazine as well as other high-level print materials, including annual report.
- Manage the organization’s presence and activity on major social media platforms, stay abreast of new platforms and technologies, and promote appropriate social media use by staff issue experts.
- Working with business development and membership staff, develop high-quality promotional materials and member communications materials.
- Develop and maintain a public affairs calendar of pertinent conferences and speaking opportunities.
- Contribute as needed to media relations efforts, event planning and organization, and other public affairs activities, including developing executive presentations.
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check op-eds and blog posts written by staff for publication in major news outlets.
- Support staff during special events and conferences by taking notes, taking photos, Tweeting and assisting with logistical matters as needed.
Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in journalism or public relations. Experience writing and editing for an international business and/or international affairs audience. Demonstrated success applying the latest social media tools to organizational growth and outreach. Familiarity with public policy issues and major international organizations such as the UN. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Self-starter, with strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to work as part of a team in a diverse work environment.
How to Apply
Candidates should e-mail a CV and cover letter with salary history by October 11, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls or unsolicited e-mails to USCIB staff, please.)
Deadline – October 11, 2016