The END Fund is one of the world’s leading philanthropic investment vehicles. Since our inception in 2012, the team has mobilized over $75 million in private investments and by the end of 2016 has treated over 150 million people at risk of neglected tropical diseases. In a short time, the END Fund has established a strong track record in private philanthropic giving, technical expertise, advocacy and policy, working toward a vision to ensure people can live healthy and prosperous lives free of the risk of NTDs. The END Fund’s mission is to aid in bringing an end to five of the most prevalent neglected diseases (NTDs) among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. The END Fund accomplishes this by:
- Mobilizing and investing resources to where they can have maximum impact;
- Advocating for innovative, integrated and cost-effective NTD programs; and
- Facilitating private sector engagement to end diseases of neglect.
The END Fund’s strategic programming and priorities are in line with the global NTD community’s common roadmap to control or eliminate the most common NTDs. The END Fund has a special emphasis on sub-Saharan Africa and currently supports NTD programs in over 25 countries.
A key member of the New York-based team, the Program Associate’s primary role is to support the Program Director(s) in program management and oversight for a portfolio of NTD control programs.
The END Fund maintains substantive involvement with implementing partners and in managing programs. The Program Associate must support directors to monitor financial expenditure and evaluation of program outcomes while providing a general (not expert) degree of technical advice on NTD programming, capacity building, and organizational development. The Program Associate is a member of the END Fund’s Programs Team, but will also work to support all teams across the organization and contribute to the development of fundraising proposals and other donor contact opportunities as required.
Location – New York, NY
- Background work, assessment and desk research on matters relevant to potential countries of interest to the END Fund and subsequent development of country profiles and concept notes
- Review project proposals received from potential implementing partners, including the analysis of budgets, logical frameworks, performance indicators, etc.
- Facilitate follow-up discussions with implementing partners to review and refine proposals
- Conduct due diligence assessments of potential implementing partners
- Perform compliance control of implementers programs
- Regularly monitor grants to implementing partners, including the collection, assessment and analysis of progress reports
- Prepare reports, compile output and outcome data for reporting to donors
- Analyze financial reports received from implementing partners
- Develop tools and documents applicable to the grant management process
- Participate in the development and completion of all donor reports for country programs
- Participate in the planning, execution, and completion of annual reports
- Keep up to date with grant management approaches and systems within the emerging NTD community
- Keep up to date with the development of the donor and implementing landscape of international NTD work
- Any other activity delegated by the Program Director
- Graduate degree in international development, public health or a relevant discipline
- Two years’ experience in international development practice in global south and north
- Strong collaborative team working experience
- Commitment to humanitarian and development goals
- Ability to understand project financing with capacity to assist in planning and management of grant and program budgets
- The ability to craft high quality client-centered written materials, ability to proof read accurately, and the ability to interpret technical material and distill it into basic language
- Strong organizational skills; self-motivator with the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and manage multiple activities and projects
- Comfortable with current internet-based communication tools and working with colleagues, clients and partners in various locations and time zones
- Flexibility, strong attention to detail and ability to respond efficiently to client requests
- Ability to act as a representative of the END Fund to the public
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral/written communication
- Experience managing multi-staged projects preferred
- Prior experience in business preferred
- Must be capable user of MS Office. Preference: experience working with publishing software and website content maintenance
How to Apply
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com with Program Associate in the subject Line.
Deadline – N/A