The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Cause Partnerships, the Senior Associate will support the Global Cause Partnerships team in research and projects related to new business development. The Senior Associate will also support the team’s management of a complex portfolio of multiyear, multi-million dollar partnerships.
Location – New York, NY
- Support the development of new business opportunities to aid the Global Cause Partnerships team in achieving its five-year vision of generating $134 million in annual revenue.
- Research large civil society organizations based in the United States and assist in the identification of new partnership opportunities that would each generate revenue of $5 – 10 million in annual income and ultimately increase support to UNICEF’s lifesaving programs.
- In collaboration with the Vice President and Senior Director, coordinate the creation of new business development strategies and oversee projects related to said strategies. Support the strategic management of key relationships with individuals, partners and organizations.
- Screen potential partners to determine opportunity areas for engagement and support; develop business case specific to the potential partners’ culture and membership.
- Manage external and internal requests for information, materials and presentations relating to Global Cause Partnerships; develop partner-specific toolkits.
- Collaborate with department and organization colleagues to secure program information, donor reports, stories from the field and other communications materials from UNICEF.
- Work with consultants on possible work to identify prospective partners.
- Manage UNICEF USA’s participation in prospective partners’ events, such as international conventions and domestic convenings.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in business development with demonstrated track record of successfully achieving funding for as well as administering large-scale projects
- Ability to navigate complex and changing environments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and networking skills with a track record of building mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines is essential
- Experience working with international children’s issues is a plus
- Experience working with large numbers of volunteers, corporate partners and/or vendor management a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; must be skilled internet researcher
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes some weekend and evening commitments, as well as business related travel
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
- Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=831.
Deadline – N/A