Global Security & Innovative Strategies (GSIS) is a Washington, DC-based security consulting, government relations and business advisory firm. We provide innovative thinking and quality results for our clients.
Our leadership team is comprised of well-known Chief Executives, former Federal government agency heads, senior advisors to Presidents, cabinet secretaries and Governors. We have run complex private sector organizations and have served on the front lines securing the nation’s borders, protecting global supply chains, ensuring the safety of dignitaries and major events, developing leading security policies and supervising high-impact investigations
Because our services are threefold (security consulting, government relations and business advisory), our target clientele is diverse. Our target markets include: commercial and private industry organizations needing to design, develop, enhance, or evaluate their organizational security operations, companies seeking Federal sector consulting or due diligence assistance, and local, state, domestic and international governments.
Location: Washington, DC
This is a paid internship with GSIS. The selected candidate will support office operations and work with
Position Roles & Responsibilities
- Resolve administrative problems, identify new and cost-effective solutions
Oversee client and visitor experience
- Welcome visitors/clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Ensure client comfort, set-up and organize client meetings
- Complete operational requirements, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
Assist with research, writing, editing and preparing reports/memos
- Subject matter can range from federal market entry to international refugee crisis to security assessment to high-profile individuals.
- Correspond with GSIS vendors (Website, Building Management, Printer, etc)
- Ensure operation of necessary equipment: maintenance, repairs, etc.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipate needed supplies, etc.
- Offer technical support to staff and further facilitate office transition to Office365
- Assist office accountant, collect and compile invoices, receipts, billing, etc.
- Maintain safe and clean reception/kitchen area
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to GSIS
- Perform all other duties assigned by COO
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- Positive attitude
How to Apply
Interested in this position? Please email your cover letter and resume to Grace Hochstatter at email@example.com
Deadline: flexible start date—ideally in late April