The G50 was founded in 1993 under the auspices of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace as a membership group of executives from 50 of the most significant and forward-looking enterprises in Latin America. Now independent, this non-profit organization has no partisan, ideological, religious or commercial affiliations of any kind. Its members are leaders who recognize that in addition to generating profits, their businesses must also reduce social ills and foster long-term, sustainable growth. The G50 annual meetings have become a leading forum for exchanging ideas and experiences in response to the political, economic and social trends affecting the Western Hemisphere and the world.
This unpaid internship offers individuals interested in international affairs an opportunity to become a vital part of an organization exploring current themes in public policy, global politics, corporate social responsibility and business strategy. The position encompasses three main areas of work: operations and logistics, meeting development, and member relations.
The position is based in the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the G50 (http:www.g-50.org/contact). It requires a minimum of 20 hours per week and up to 35 hours per week are possible. Applicants may be pursuing either a bachelor's or master's degree.
- Drafting correspondence, such as participant communications and marketing materials
- Researching session topics and speakers
- Gathering information on vendor pricing, products and services
- Updating G50 website content and other communication materials
- Supporting numerous aspects of meeting logistics and administrative duties as needed
- Superb organizational skills, including thoroughness and follow through
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Strong research and writing skills
- Professionalism, inter-personal communication skills and teamwork
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with website development (particularly WordPress) and/or graphic design a plus
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred, along with experience living, working and/or traveling in Latin America
- Previous internship or work experience in an office setting is required
How to apply
Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis and are urged to apply as soon as possible. Please email a cover letter and résumé AS ONE FILE to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter the amount of hours per week that you are available as well as your desired start and end dates. Preference will be given for interns who can commit to at least four months of service.