The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
The Associate will report into the Deputy Director of Corporate Partnerships and will closely with the Corporate Partnerships team in their efforts to manage and grow priority corporate partner relationships.
Location – New York, NY
- Support partnership managers in their efforts to cultivate, manage and grow relationships with priority corporate partners with revenue of at least $500,000 and/or potential to grow to at least $1 million per year.
- Support partnership managers with their plans, which could include philanthropic/foundation grants, cause marketing, sponsorship, customer fundraising, employee engagement, and/or shared value activities.
- Coordinate designated partner implementation and cultivation tasks, with increasing responsibility and independence.
- Experience in creating presentations and proposals, gathering and analyzing data, writing/editing reports, preparing for and following up on meetings, responding to questions and requests from partners.
- Brainstorm and initiate ideas to advance partnership plans, generate new revenue, engage employees, and senior management.
- Interact with corporate partners and internally with UNICEF USA and UNICEF departments on activities such as preparing for meetings, managing communications activities, monitoring campaign results, tracking revenue, coordinating logistics for events, and conducting programmatic or partner research.
- Contribute to development and implementation of the visibility/communications plan to promote the partnership(s).
- Support partnership terms and contracts.
- Support processing and tracking corporate partners’ financial contributions with internal and external partners.
- Manage special projects as designated.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ experience in either a marketing, sales/business development, account management/support or grant management/support role in the corporate sector or an international development or corporate foundation/grant management/support role in the non-profit sector
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority
- Creative and analytical thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas
- Proven ability to effectively organize in internal and external meetings
- Strong client service mentality and interpersonal skills; must enjoy working in team environment
- Detail-oriented; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with integrated marketing programs (digital/social media, PR, marketing collateral, etc.) targeted to different consumer and corporate audiences, a plus
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=876.
Deadline – N/A