ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
Location – Washington DC
The Program Associate assists in planning and implementation of projects and recruitment efforts of the International Support Division of ABA’s Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI). As part of a small team, this Program Associate will provide for the recruitment and numerous other support needs of ABA ROLI’s development programs in over 40 countries. This will be a full-time position based in Washington, D.C.
- Implements one or more programs or projects, includes participation in program/project planning;
- Ensures implementation of programs and projects conform to ABA policies;
- Analyzes project/program performance throughout the process to ensure projects move forward in a productive manner;
- Serves as a point of contact for projects, communicates with member leaders and staff on project progress and results;
- Ensures accountability for successful execution of assigned projects;
- May provide advanced administrative support functions in support of projects and/or major work groups;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (or equivalent experience);
- Possession of basic skills in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and juggle multiple responsibilities at once;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated interest in international development, particularly interest in international development recruitment or human resources strongly preferred;
How to Apply
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188.
To apply, please visit: https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/abanet/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=11900&esid=az
Deadline – N/A