The Women's Refugee Commission improves the lives and protects the rights of women, children and youth displaced by conflict and crisis. We research their needs, identify solutions and advocate for programs and policies to strengthen their resilience and drive change in humanitarian practice. Since our founding in 1989, we have been a leading expert on the needs of refugee women and children, and the policies that can protect and empower them.
In collaboration with the Director of External Communications and other members of the communication team, s/he will develop and implement WRC’s overall online strategy with the end goal of establishing WRC’s brand/voice and strengthening our digital footprint and presence.
Location - 15 West 37th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY
- Manage email communications including designing layout, testing/monitoring performance, maintaining lists, etc.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and digital publishing/CMS.
- Strong eye for design and visual language, understands the importance of visual communications given the at-times sensitive nature of issues that WRC engages in.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Exceptional writing/copywriting and language skills. Ability to turn complex/academic/technical language into soundbites.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional forms of communications/marketing.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Manage consultants and vendors as needed in the development and creation of content
- Develop content strategy/calendar.
- Monitor trends in website, social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years demonstrated successful experience in digital communications.
- Proven experience with all the major social media platforms, social media reporting, analytics, content aggregation, content creation and scheduling tools.
- Expertise with Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics and other search engines, content management systems (CMS), including Joomla and Drupal.
- Strong understanding of analytical tools and ability to report on metrics.
- A full understanding of social media marketing best practices, with up-to-date knowledge of latest trends and thinking.
- Outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to grasp and communicate substantive WRC policies and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of WRC.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: WRCJobs@wrcommission.org.
Deadline – N/A