WomenStrong International is a consortium of NGOs in five nations supporting the women-driven solutions to urban poverty. We believe the best ideas come from the true experts—women and girls facing extreme hardship day after day.
WomenStrong International empowers women and girls as the drivers of enduring change within their families, communities and nations with the aim of eradicating extreme urban poverty. This Consortium of effective, like-minded non-governmental organizations, already trusted by local women and girls, enables the development and delivery of innovative, integrated programs that address the 6 Essential Needs that must be met for women to lift themselves out of poverty.
WomenStrong International, a consortium of non-governmental organizations in five countries implementing women-driven solutions to urban poverty seeks an administrative associate to oversee both digital communications and administrative activities supporting the Executive Director and Deputy Director. The goal of this position is to provide a variety of administrative support functions to allow leadership to focus on strategic direction and execution. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new start-up organization with lots of potential for professional growth.
- Support all back office activities, including database management, occasional travel support/planning for leadership team, work flow oversight, support for small executive team, event and campaign coordination and support
- Oversight of digital assets and basic technical support, including maintenance of photo archive, email, logistical/technical support for webcasts, updates to WSI website, organization of electronic files both on WSI server and cloud-based
- Management of social media, including curation of WSI accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, with the aim of building a movement in support of women-led solutions to urban poverty.
- Strong web editing skills
- Experience with community management or curation of social media
- Strong communications skills and mastery of spelling and grammar
- Experience with using email in marketing or mass communications
- Ability to work in multicultural, entrepreneurial setting
- Extremely well-organized and proactive
- Self-motivated, able to work on his/her own and motivated to strengthen human rights
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
- Positive, respectful, hard-working
- Degree in communications, international affairs, public administration or related 1-2 years of job experience
How to apply
Please send a resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org