The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is a world-leading think tank on global security, political risk and military conflict with offices in London, Singapore, Manama and Washington DC. The IISS-Americas office in Washington, DC plays a highly active role as a base for the IISS in the US and elsewhere in the Americas, promoting the institute and its research to relevant constituencies, servicing the individual and corporate membership and initiating events for local audiences consistent with the IISS international reach.
Location – Washington DC
We seek to appoint an Operations Administrator. This position is ideal for a recent graduate interested in developing an understanding of the inner workings of a think tank/non-profit. Applicants should expect to work in a fast-paced environment supporting the IISS’s expanding Washington office.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing office operations, including assisting with accounting and record-keeping, processing IISS membership dues, managing the IISS-Americas contacts database, maintaining office supplies, and responding to and directing incoming emails and calls.
- Managing the IISS-Americas’ schedule of public and private events, including invitation generation and tracking, liaising with speakers, and all logistical support necessary to ensure successful events.
- Coordinating the internship program and activities of three interns a semester.
- Assisting the IISS-Americas Managing Director with institutional development.
- Other administrative duties for the IISS-Americas Managing Director, as required.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in event planning and operations or administrative support. In addition, she/he will have strong written and oral communications skills, a high degree of professionalism, and a keen eye for detail.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US (the IISS-Americas is unfortunately unable to assist in procuring visas or entry permits).
How to Apply
Candidates should provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references by email citing Operations Administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 June 2017.
Deadline – June 2, 2017