The World Economic Forum LLC is committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry, government and civil society leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Based in New York and San Francisco, the World Economic Forum LLC is impartial and not tied to any political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American subsidiary of the World Economic Forum, the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
The Forum has placed an emphasis on several System Initiatives for which an acceleration of progress is widely perceived to be contingent upon new or expanded forms of public-private collaboration. The initiative on Long-Term Investing, Infrastructure, and Development aims to identify solutions and build networks that can help narrow the world’s growing infrastructure investment gap. The System Initiative comprises an exclusive network of over 200 partners including fund managers (private equity firms, hedge funds, venture capital funds and impact investors); capital providers (pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and family offices); financial institutions (banks, insurers, asset managers); construction and real estate firms; energy companies; national governments; and global regulators and international financial institutions, including multilateral development banks.
The Community Specialist will help to manage and expand involvement of these actors in infrastructure and development projects at the Forum. Specifically, he/she will play a leading role in maintaining Forum relationships with the infrastructure community and collaborate with other Forum teams to increase external engagement in the System Initiative. The Community Specialist will work closely with the Business Engagement team to assist in business development efforts and identify opportunities to expand the networks and scope of infrastructure and development initiatives at the Forum.
Location – New York, NY
- Manage relationships with partners engaged in the System Initiative on Long-Term Investing, Infrastructure and Development, including communications and partner participation in projects and events
- Be a resource to Forum colleagues on the System Initiative, working closely with different Forum offices to integrate their constituents into the System Initiative
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders from industry, government, academia, international organizations and civil society, in close collaboration with colleagues
- Participate in business development activities to engage new partners in Forum projects
- Develop communication and marketing materials that clearly articulate the System Initiative’s value proposition for external constituents, including a newsletter.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with relevant initiatives and organizations external to the World Economic Forum
- Monitor and summarize issues relating to infrastructure investment globally, working closely with the team to shape Forum events related to System Initiatives and contributing to team knowledge, products and insight reports
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience, Master’s degree (MPA/MBA) preferred
- Experience in the infrastructure and/or investment community
- Able to articulate the key global issues framing the infrastructure debate
- Possess a broad intellectual background, have demonstrated leadership capabilities, business success and an interest in global affairs
- Highly service-oriented and a flexible team player
- Detail-oriented and experience in working in an environment requiring close internal collaboration.
- Fluent in English and ideally at least one other language
How to Apply
Please apply online: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WEFORUM&cws=1&rid=251.
Deadline – N/A