African governments have the most presence in rural communities of any entity. One Acre Fund has partnerships with three African governments and is seeking to grow these efforts and establish new partnerships to increase yields for farm families.
Our Government Services Unit does not simply write reports and drop them off at government offices - we work closely with national, regional, and local officials to improve the design of services provided by the government and to work side by side with the government in the field to ensure high quality implementation.
Location – Burundi
Working closely with our External Relations Lead, the Government, Policy and Partnerships Analyst will manage and improve national government relationships while supporting One Acre Fund's policy and partnerships work in Bujumbura.
- Manage existing key government relationships and create new contacts at the national and regional levels.
- Participate in meetings organized at the national level (Food security meeting organized by FAO, agricultural joint sector meeting, etc).
- Be a point of contact between the organization and external stakeholders.
- Manage all licenses and permits and advise the organization on current and future laws and regulations.
- Conduct research and analyze policy issues affecting the agricultural sector in Burundi.
- Draft policy analysis and represent One Acre Fund in various meeting to strategically align our organization among other policy stakeholders.
- Identify policy allies and create a plan to engage with them.
- Review and implement projects from the long term policy plan for the Burundi program.
- Manage communications around policy and partnership work with external stakeholders.
- Facilitate Field Operations work in identifying issues and advocating for a change in legislation at the National level.
- Design and implement partnerships projects that could be impactful for farmers, including research in the agricultural sector/seed sector to identify new partnership opportunities.
- Actively participate in activities organized by the coalition of NGOs working in the seed sector.
- Strengthen our relationships with key research institutions and identify common goals.
- Manage donor relations and create mapping of all stakeholders funding the agriculture sector.
- Support other departments engaging directly with the government on special projects.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience, top international qualifications, and a demonstrated long-term career interest in international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: Examples include a high-level professional work experience, or a successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a field program, leading a conference, starting a business etc.).
- Relationship-building and communications skills: We are looking for someone who is able to strike an appropriate balance between humility and confidence, speak intelligently about our program, and systematically manage relationships.
- Experience working with the public sector: This might include government institutions, research bodies or other public bodies with a focus on agriculture and rural development in Africa.
- Experience and interest in international development work: Ideally a minimum of one full year in a field-based role in East Africa.
- Ability to operate autonomously and be a self-starter: A highly organized and disciplined, solution-oriented and creative individual is required as this role mostly involves remote working.
- Languages: Fluent in French. Professional competency in English. Kirundi speakers are particularly encouraged to apply.
East Africans and Burundian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Apply at https://www.oneacrefund.org/
Deadline – N/A