Founded in 1914 by Andrew Carnegie, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is a New York institution with global reach. For over 100 years the Council has promoted voices for ethics in international relations, education, and policy. Through its Ethics Studio, the Council produces multimedia programs for television, radio, and web audiences worldwide.
The Carnegie Council is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to coordinate and promote its Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative. The Program Assistant will be supporting the Executive Director and a small virtual secretariat of people working in different countries.
Location – New York, NY
The Program Assistant will:
- Provide advanced coordination for program activities that includes but is not limited to: drafting and sending invitations, preparing meeting materials, assisting with events/conferences, and coordinating travel.
- Provide support to the Finance department, including overseeing reimbursements, expense reports, invoices and communications with outside consultants.
- Develop and maintain a project finance management system that helps the Executive Director manage expenses against approved budget lines.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications/proposals including researching grant requirements and deadlines, if applicable.
- Maintain the contact database, including updating contact information and profiles, tracking relevant interactions, and sending materials to contacts.
- Prepare and review documents independently and generate communications, status reports for ongoing and pending program related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field with high academic achievement.
- 3-4 years of experience coordinating projects or programs.
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Detail-oriented candidate with outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and on a team, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; Microsoft Dynamics database management, and collaborative software.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a resume, a list of three references, and a 1-2 page personal statement. Statements should be forward-looking, outlining the opportunities the candidate sees for this position. Please send applications directly via e-mail to email@example.com.
Deadline – N/A